Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Joshua


So today marks the eleventh year since my baby boy Joshua was born. I guess he isn't a baby anymore though. He is growing up so fast and even has a little girlfriend named "Jewels" (at least he thinks). This morning we got up early and all went to Shoney's for breakfast to celebrate. I think we will make this a new family tradition on birthday's as it was a hit!

Eleven years ago I flew out to Utah and attended BYU Education week during my ninth month of pregnancy with Joshua. I know pretty stupid! It was a difficult time in my life and I really needed the spiritual re-enforcement I knew the event could bring, and it was just that. Afterwards, my mom and I had the opportunity to attend a live session in the Salt Lake City Temple. I was truly struggling with the fact my marriage was falling a part and I was bringing this little spirit into the world soon to what? It was there Joshua and mommy got to know one another before his pending arrival to this earth. Through a sweet, calm presence, he reassured me it would be "okay mom", that he had chosen to come to earth and to our family, and that he and Heavenly Father knew what they were doing. Then later his baby blessing.....such an inspired blessing by his Poppy Briggs that he had a special purpose in this life.

As Joshua has grown and turned into a most "persistent" young man, I have often questioned that purpose through frustrating moments, but then I have a moment like the other evening.....Joshua and I were working on his state of Idaho report for school and when it came to listing historical events of the state, I found some information on the Mormon pioneers who settled the territories there, and the Idaho Falls Temple. Kind of weighing whether to include that in this particular section, I asked Joshua what he thought and was comfortable with and he replied, "Yes, mom definitely", with such confidence. Those teaching moments for me, not for him, are what I live for. Happy Birthday Joshua - mommy loves you!

2 comments:

Trish said...

Hope Josh had a great birthday! The breakfast sounds like a great idea! Glad things are going so good over there! :0)

Tsanders said...

Hey Aimee, thanks for sharing your blog with us it will be fun to keep up with you and your kids via your blog. I can't believe that Joshua is 11...my kids' cousin and we have never met him, how sad is that. We will make it over your way someday hopefully.
Tonya