Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rafting with Family and Friends



I was so excited recently to go rafting with my older brother Briggs, my son Joshua, and friends Whitney and Carol. It was a beautiful Memorial Day weekend in the mountains of Tennessee. My thoughts were turned to another rafting trip a few years ago with Briggs again, when half way down the Pigeon River it began the storm. There was lightning illuminating the afternoon sky and the rain was beating down upon us. If you have ever been rafting you know it can be almost impossible going down rapids to just "pull over". Instead of fear, I had one of the most exhilarating feelings I have ever felt in my life! If my experienced guide brother was worried that day, it didn't show.

No rain, and no thunder or lightning this trip, but as I recalled those feelings going down this memorial Weekend, the same peace came over me. Could it be the call of the river? Nature? My calling in life has led me another direction in being a mother, but I secretly admire my brother and his "free spirit". Today is Briggs's birthday and I want to dedicate this blog entry to him. Happy 41st Birthday Briggs - We love you!

2 comments:

Trish said...

This looks so fun! You are so outgoing and a FUN MOM! Way To GO!

David Deland said...

Going on a trip with your family is simply the best! And those sceneries are magnificent! But among the places you've been to, which one's your favorite?